Thursday 29 October 2009

UK was very foreign to US mailers

My first meeting with Don Libey took place in a lovely little Italian restaurant called Antico - Eton High Street - it is still there ! He and Jim Bromley from RapidForms had come over to sort out the acquisition of a UK business forms business called Standard Forms (Romsey, Hants)..

It was one of those meetings that went on and on ..... skipping from one topic to another - and I think (at least) found me a new a friend. Ever since - and I think it must have been as long ago as 1987 or perhaps 1988 - we've found ways to work together. Don has spoken at ECMOD as well as at a few other standalone conferences run by my business - and, of course, had been an ECMOD Awards judge as well as a speaker at Catalogue Exchange events. I've also been delighted to be able to publish articles by Don in Catalogue e-Business magazine - but that's a whole new story.

What many people don't know is that it was Don who initially recommended Amy Africa to me when I was scouring the world for a brilliant speaker on all things web ! Don also introduced to Kevin Hillstrom .... in other words he has been of enormous help to my businesses from way back right up to now.

No comments:

Post a Comment